And perhaps I am also, as I shall now do the sheepy thing of posting a meme that the_neon_one
have just posted. That would be the "guess the song" meme, and I couldn't recognize any of either of their songs. Oh well. Guess titles/ artists:
1. So that's how you found me, rain falling around me, looking down at a worm with a long way to go. And the traffic was hissing by, and I was homesick and I was high.
2. The streets are cracked, and there's glass everywhere. And a baby stares out with motherless eyes, under long gone beauty on fields of war, trapped in lament to the poet's core.
3. I want to cover you, I want to cradle you, I will never let you go. Sweet sweet songbird, you're singing to me, yeah you open up what's closed and you help me be free.
4. He saw the magistrate taking every dollar and leaving five cents. So he said, you can't do that to my people, can't crush them under your heel...
-- Jayne, The Hero of Canton, from Firefly. Guessed by seirai
5. "Lonesome stranger, won't you share my bed," the sidewalk siren at the bus stop said. "Love is a tear in a salty bay..."--A Dave Carter song to which skolem_hull
does not know the title.
6. Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on main street. Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street. Your typical city involved in a typical daydream, hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.
-- Truckin', by the Grateful Dead. Guessed by rabiya_al_basri
7. Winding paths through tables and glass, first fall was new. Now watch the summer pass so close to you. Too late to keep the change, too late to pay, no time to stay the same, too young to leave.
8. Someone changed the world while I was sleeping, turned the sky into the ground. I took off my armor and I laid it down.
9. Daddy always thought that he married beneath him, that's what he said, that's what he said. When he proposed he informed my mother he was probably her very last chance.
10. The breath from your own lips, the touch of fingertips, a sweet and tender kiss, the sound of a midnight train, wearing someone's ring. Someone calling your name, somebody so warm cradled in your arm.
Oh, except today Jeremiah and I wrote a math problem involving Luke Skywalker buried in carbonite marbles. It was going to be snow, since I think we left him on the ice planet Hoth, but that didn't work out in the way of having a well-defined math problem. But we were out-geeked by Barry having a problem involving Mr. Darcy and related rates.